Menu Close

What are your hours of operation?

What do I need to sell scrap metal or materials? 

A valid US Identification or Driver’s License   

How old do I need to be to sell material?

18+, if you are selling anything other than aluminum cans 

Can I walk in or come with a bike to sell material?

State Law requires all regulated material (anything other than aluminum cans) be sold from a licensed registered vehicle. 

Do you do pick-ups?

Yes! Pick up service is available for high volume generating customers, depending on location, type of material, and quantity. Please give us a call at 713-433-9944 for more information about how we can best service your needs!

What payment methods do you offer? 

SPORC offers cash or check payment 

What is “ferrous” metal? 

Metal that contains iron is considered ferrous. You can identify ferrous metal with a magnet. If the magnet sticks, it’s ferrous.

Do you have certified scales? 

Yes, all of our scales are certified by the state and regularly maintained for accuracy. 

Do you have a drive-on scale?


Do you buy plastic, paper, glass, paint, or TV’s?

No, we only buy ferrous and non-ferrous metals

Do you buy appliances?

Yes, we buy all appliances. The refrigerant must be removed before selling your material.

Do you buy catalytic convertors?

No, we do not.

Do you buy cars?

We buy car parts (i.e. batteries, motors, transmissions, rims, bumpers) not whole or partially disassembled vehicles. 

Do you buy electronics?

We only buy Hard Drives, Laptops, Circuit Boards, Memory Boards, and CD Roms

Can I sell my AC unit?  

Yes, for window units, no documentation is needed. For outdoor units, either commercial AC License or invoice showing your AC unit has been replaced.  

Call Now ButtonCALL NOW!